Monday, August 26, 2013

Life Rolls On...

I have been volunteering with a group called Life Rolls On for several summers now and it is an amazing experience every time. Life Rolls On (LRO) is a subsidiary of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (That is Superman if you did not know). LRO is a non-profit organization to provides opportunities for people with varying levels of paralysis. One of their goals is to "inspire others to see the boundless possibilities beyond paralysis" and they do a great job!

There flagship program is called They Will SURF Again (TWSA) and it is the program that I have been involved with. They also have They Will SKATE Again and They Will SKI Again programs that offer unique opportunities. Below is a video which will do a lot better explaining the event then I would. Plus I think it provides more emotion then I could in my writing.

We are LRO from Life Rolls On on Vimeo.

Here are some pictures:


I also want to highlight a special athlete, his name is Patrick Ivison.  He is very active in a physical sense and in the community. He is also a USC Trojan and attends there film school. He has a really impressive resume which I can not go into here because it is just to long. Please check out this video on him:

I hope this inspires you to get out there and volunteer within a community you enjoy helping!